Monday, November 26, 2007

Thing 19...

I'm a big list-maker, so I went to 43things.com. You can make lists of all the things you want to do before you die and see all the people who want to do the same things you do. You can also get ideas of things to do from all the other people on the site, which is cool, because I'm always up for adding to my list. Anybody want to go to Morocco?

I suppose it could be used in a library setting, but I'd put a different twist on it. Like 43 things you'd like to see at the library, or 43 things you'd like to do at the library. That would be kind of neat because it would give us - as librarians - ideas as to how our customers really want to use the library, since the uses of libraries are changing so much now. It could give us great ideas about how we could better serve our community specifically. Maybe Columbia has specific needs that other communities don't that we could cater to pretty easily and just don't realize. Users could also see what everybody else is saying and get ideas or agree/disagree, which I think would be good. It could also serve as a neat social networking tool without being myspacey.

No comments: